
When times got tough, my mother used to tell me to count my blessings. I admit, at the time, and many times since, I thought that was a trite solution. However, the older I get, the more I realize how wise she is in many, many ways. So, even though 2009 is a year I'd rather forget for a number of reasons, I will mention some of the things for which I am grateful, outside of the usual, family, friends, and home which would definately be at the top of my list.
So here we go, in no particular order:
Critique partners who are both honest and tactful
Computers, and the amzing and wonderful computer geniuses who can fix them when they go kaput
Other modern conveniences such as indoor plumbing, electricity, AC, heat, telephones (and mobile phones) microwaves, cameras, washing machines, dryers, curling irons, and cars
The knowledge of germs and how to prevent them from spreading
A low infant mortality rate, at least in America
Chocolate
Google, and othe search engines
My brother's wife who showed up at my door with a ton of household goods to get us through the tough times.
My husband's siter, who went school shopping for my children
A bank willing to re-negotiate our mortgage
An education, and that I was born in a country where I could obtain one
A boss who's both kind and generous
A coworker who's become a dear friend
So thanks, Mom. You're right; counting my blessings does make me feel better. I have much for which to be grateful.
3 comments:
My own dear mother always said exactly the same, Donna and it is truly wise advice. May 2010 be a good year for you and yours.
Well put, Donna. A couple of weeks ago as I sat in the temple, my heart was bursting with gratitude for just being there. Life always looks better when I remember my blessings.
Thank you Donna for the lovely reminder!
I'm grateful for health and mobility, that my (and our) close family is in good health, that I'm blessed to be loved by your brother. I am also grateful that I married him and met a wonderful family (that compensates for being an only child) and of course I am grateful for chocolate!
Post a Comment