Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Excerpt from The Guise of a Gentleman, my newest Regency Romance


To celebrate the release of my newest Regency Romance Novel, The Guise of a Gentleman, here is an excerpt from the first chapter. You have four chances to win a free copy. Read below to find out how you can win.

"You are a woman of great courage to face those cutthroats."

His fingers closed around hers as if she were a lifeline. Her late husband's hands had always been smooth and soft, the hands of a gentleman, so unlike this man's calluses which bespoke hard work. She marveled at their size, and at the tingles that
traveled up her arm.

A flush crept over her face as she realized the direction of her thoughts. "I saw a cruel act and felt compelled to intervene. I could do nothing less."

His eyes darted over her face and he said in a stronger voice, "They might have turned on you."

"I'm an excellent shot."

"And did you not consider that you may have been in danger from me as well?"

She suspected many woman found him a very great danger, but not for the reason he spoke.

Swallowing against a dry mouth, she lifted her chin. "You hardly looked dangerous at the time. And I daresay you lack the strength to offer any threat now."

The barest hint of smile twitched his mouth.

The Guise of a Gentleman by Donna Hatch is available at www.thewildrosepress.com, Amazon, and all Barnes & Noble (some stores may have to order it for you, but that costs the same as if it were on the shelf)

Okay, now how to win your free copy (and you have four chances if you do all four):
1. Leave a comment in this blog, then send me an email at donnahatch29@gmail.com and put free book in the subject line

2. Follow my blog, then send me an email at donnahatch29@gmail.com, telling me you're now following me and put "free book" in the subject line

3. Friend me on Facebook, then send me an email at donnahatch29@gmail.com, telling me you're now my friend on Face book and put "free book" in the subject line

4. Go to my website and then find out what is the name of the hero of The Guise of a Gentleman, then send me an email at donnahatch29@gmail.com, telling me the answer to the question and put "free book" in the subject line

Remember, for each thing you do, you have another chance to win. Good Luck!!!

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

I absolutely love the excerpt it. It really draws you into the book.

Donna OBrien said...

I like a feisty heroine and a dangerous hero. As long as her heart is the only thing in jeopardy. LOL

Donna Hatch said...

Thanks Cassandra!
Donna, actually, more than just her heart is in jeopardy. But I assure you, it does have a good ending.
Thanks for stopping by!

Tifferz said...

Donna-
This book looks so good!!! Thanks for writing it. I look forward to reading it.

bookcover slide show