This week I have the very great privilege and joy to attend the American Night Writer's Retreat. It's like a giant slumber party, filled with time to write, brainstorm, help other authors, edit and learn fun new ideas. But mostly it's about reminding myself why I love to write. My awesome roommates, young adult author,Janette Rallison and fellow Regency author, Sarah Eden are not only my friends but my critique partners as well and it's so fun to write while they are right there so I can ask them if they think something I've just written--or am about to write--works. And it's great when they need my advise because it makes me feel as if I actually have something to offer them.
Sigh. Good times.
I'm almost finished with my current work in progress and will be ready to submit it to the editor who requested it. Yeay!
3 comments:
Glad you had a great time!!! Would that be Christan's story?
Hey Donna. It was great to meet you this weekend. I just added you to my author blogroll on my writer's blog. Very excited to read your book I bought this weekend.
-Melinda Carroll
I stayed up until 5 am last night finishing The Guise of a Gentleman. Very exciting. I really liked your description-- enough to give an avid picture but not overkill. Now I just have to figure out how survive my day on 3 hours of sleep!:) Thanks for the great adventure.
Post a Comment