
If there's anything more depressing than copyedits, I'm not sure what it is. Okay, a rejection is more depressing, but really, all those edits scrawled all over your precious and perfect work of art is down right depressing. But cheer up. Even The Baird himself can be slashed and trashed by a ruthless copy editor. A friend shared this link with me and I just had to pass it on. If you've ever been in doubt that comments from critique partners, or contest judges, or friends and family are subjective, this should remove all doubt. I keep trying to put this in as a link, but I must be doing something wrong, so just copy and paste this address into your web browser. Trust me, it's worth the trouble! Happy Reading!
http://www.rightreading.com/editing/copyediting.shakespeare.htm
3 comments:
I saw your ANWA e-mail and enjoyed your info about blog links. I will begin following your blog today! Thanks, Rebecca Irvine
Loved the Shakespeare edit.
I will follow your blog, too.
LOL, subjective indeed! That was a hoot.
Post a Comment