Monday, November 9, 2009

New Contract!!!

I'm totally excited!! I got a contract offer for my fantasy Queen in Exile from Leatherwood Press. I started a variation on this book about 20 years ago, and every 5 years or so I got it out, dusted it off and edited and revised. Finally, last summer I got serious and made major revisions...only to get rejected time and time again. This summer I tried again and it's finally paid off.

Now I only have one problem. My publisher wants me to use a pen name because it's a different genre than my other books which are all Regency.

What pen name should I use for my fantasies?

D.J. Hatch
Donna Grace
Deanna Hatch
Ariel Thomas
Lorelei George
Alyssa Thomas

Any other suggestions that would be cool for fantasy?

7 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

Congratulations!!! My pick is DJ Hatch. That is closest to your name.

Judy said...

A fantasy pen name... I suppose it depends on if you want readers to make the connection or if you want to attract a different group. Lorelei George has a certain feel to it. Have you Googled each to see what pops up? I discarded several of my choices because I didn't want any unpleasant surprises clicked on accidentally. Final test: Flip a coin. If you're unhappy with the outcome, then you really wanted the other one.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Heartiest congratulations on the contract!

Joan Sowards said...

Way to go Donna! And welcome to the Leatherwood writers group. I vote for Lorelei George.

The Heartless Gamer Girl said...

I also vote for Lorelei George. I think it has the most "fantasy" feel to it. And huge congrats, Donna! Way to go!

Vicki Gaia said...

I love Lorelei, but what about a name that starts at the beginning of the alphabet for shelving purposes - ie. Adams or Brookes? :)

Donna Hatch said...

Hmmm...Lorelei Brookes. I like it. Good thing I won't have to actually answer to it. I like Lorielle, too, but it probably sounds too much like a hair color brand.
Thanks to everyone who commented.

bookcover slide show