I started this short story meant to be a free read for a blog tour and it's turning into a full-length novel. So now, because I have more word count to use, I need to deepen the plot in order to give it more depth, and I'm writing like mad because I've been possessed by something that won't let me put down the story.
Meanwhile, my short story free (which turned into this longer story)read is due soon (which I haven't yet begun to write), and in order to write it, that I have set aside a rough draft for a Regency I planned to submit this fall to Harlequin, and to do that, I've set aside working on the final draft for another Regency which is book 3 of the Rogue Hearts series which includes the Stranger She Married and The Guise of a Gentleman, also with a deadline. Everything I need to do is dependant upon something else getting done first, and I'm out on left field writing some stupid paranormal medieval long story that was supposed to be short, and I've set aside all my Regencies to do something that isn't even in my genre!
Writing doesn't keep me sane, it's making even more crazy!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
Oh, you sound just like me. I'll be working on one thing, then something else will come up that leads me in another direction, that leads me in another direction, and... Well, you get the point.
I guess I qualify for "mad writer" status, too. Maybe we all do.
:)Becky
hehe I understand. I have more stories started in the 1-3 chapter range than is good for me. I can't concentrate on anything because they all want their story told.
Oh and all the submission requests for anthologies don't help because then I come up with stories for them too. Ugg. I made a list...I've checked it twice....and I still don't do the stories I'm supposed to.
I think this is called ADD for writers. :)
Thanks Rebecca and Beth. I guess misery loves company, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my neurosis.
Post a Comment